Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"Baby A"

Well, here we are. 9 weeks later.
I have learned SO much through the last 19 weeks.
This is becoming one of the best experiences of my life.

At the very beginning of things when Brandon and I were just dating we talked about what having kids would look like. How long we would wait before trying. What names we liked. How many we wanted, etc. Well, we decided then that we did not want to find out the sex of our first baby until it arrived.... Let's just say that lasted 3 days when we actually found out there was something growing inside me. So, we started reading and planning. Brandon can't remember where he first heard the term "Coming Out Party", but he shared the idea with me and we fell in love with the idea of sharing the good news with our family and friends.

So, invitations were made and sent out and the ultrasound date was set in place. We just had to wait. Last Tuesday was the official doctors appointment. We were waiting in the lobby and I seriously couldn't believe how stupid we had been. To plan a party for 5 days later. How in the world could I wait 5 more days.... It was killing me. The ultrasound tech made us look away and she printed out the picture that stated our babies sex. It was sealed in an envelope and sent to Kelley Kinder (a family friend) the next morning to be put inside the cake. Pink vs. Blue began.

This was the cake that was made for us. When I saw it for the first time on Saturday I almost stuck my finger straight through the side. I couldn't wait much longer.



The party was amazing. The pink shirts were definitely out weighed by the blue. Friends were there, family came (we were even surprised by a few people we love dearly from Arkansas) and it was time to FINALLY cut into the cake!!! I was so nervous I couldn't breath, and I was shaking, but when the knife finally went all the way through the corner of the cake it was PINK and my predictions were right.

WE ARE HAVING A BABY GIRL!

Alivia Nicole Armstrong will be joining our family in April. We can't wait to meet our precious little girl that weighs 9 ounces and is about 6 inches long this week. God is so amazing, and has blessed us with more than we can imagine. We are so thankful for everyone who came and shared the special moment with us on Saturday! Posted below is a video for everyone who couldn't be there with us for the big moment!

Hope you enjoy :

1 comment:

  1. I just cried watching the video! So precious!!! I love the banner you made too :o) The comment Brandon made about trying the other side of the cake cracked me up! So stinkin' happy for your growing family!

    <3 kali

    ReplyDelete