Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Bed Time Stories


Last night Brandon and I found ourselves getting ready for bed at (this-is-embarrassing-to say) 7:00 O'clock. We probably didn't crawl into bed until 8:00 or so, but still we started the shower, making lunch, and settling down process way early. We-were-exhausted.


Usually what happens when we crawl into bed is:


1. I distribute the vitamins.


2. We choose a story to read to Alivia.


3. We read it.

4. Brandon tells her good night.

5. Brandon tells me good night.

6. 30 seconds later I am fast asleep.


Last night was a little different. We talked for about 30 minutes about the fears we are experiencing as soon-to-be-parents. We talked about frustrations, hopes, the future, and everything in between.


The conversation settled down, and the next thing I know Brandon was getting out of bed at 10:30 to turn off the lights. Yes, we both fell asleep with the lights on last night. This was the perfect way to end my last day on the truck route.


Catch up on some rest today.



No comments:

Post a Comment