Monday, April 11, 2011

The New Normal


One week ago my little girl entered this world. Now, after being home for almost a full week our normal (to say the least) has changed.



Today is Brandon's first day back to work, and this morning when I heard the big coffee truck pulling away from the house my heart broke. I have enjoyed so much getting to know my husband as Alivia's father this past week.



Our new normal does not involve: sleeping, eating, bathing, or anything else in a timely manner. It does not involve: quick trips out of the house, less laundry, or silent moments.



However, our new normal does involve something so much better - A little 7lb 11oz baby girl that interrupts our sleeping, eating, and bathing schedule for her more important sleeping, eating, and bathing schedule. I am in love with our new normal.



Adapt today.

No comments:

Post a Comment