Friday, June 17, 2011

One Month Update: Mission-Get-My-Body-Back


Well, today is June 17th. That means it has been one-whole-month since I laced up my running shoes for the first time and started mission-get-my-body-back 6 weeks after having my beautiful baby girl.

A lot has happened in this month. We have revised our weekly menu, trying to make it more healthy. From our menu we have cut store bought chicken strips, mac-n-cheese, instant mashed potatoes and frozen pizzas. Instead of having store bought chicken strips and mac-n-cheese for dinner every Monday night we have replaced it with homemade almond chicken strips and homemade sweet potato fries (our absolute-favorite-meal-of-the-week). Instead of the frozen pizza we now make a chicken-blackbean-corn-BBQ pizza that is-to-die-for.

For breakfast every morning I have a Raspberry-Banana-Strawberry-Almond smoothie that equals 285calories. For lunch I usually have a turkey sandwich on wheat bread, an apple, and the newest addition to my lunch menu: a chocolate Vitatop muffin that my cousin Brandi introduced to me this week. You can find them at your local Walmart or Target and they will change your life. They are 100-calories-of-complete-goodness!

Of course we snack, this week has been the worst. We made homemade ice cream last Saturday, and I would be lying if I said we haven't had a bowl every night this week. Thank goodness we finished it off last night so I can get back on track!

One month ago today I started running and I could barely run 5 minutes straight. Last weekend we ran 38 minutes straight, we ran 3.1 miles: a 5K. I run at least 3 times a week, and fill the other days with Jillian's 30 Day Shred and P90X videos.

On May 17th I weighed in at 169lbs. This morning I stepped on the scale weighing in at 160lbs. I didn't quite reach my goal for the month. I wanted to lose 10lbs by this morning, but I know I just need to keep up the hard work. 9lbs down 25 to go.
My goal to weigh 135lbs and run a marathon seems so far away, but I know I can get there. One of the many things I have learned this month: its going to take a lot hard work. In the end it will be totally worth it!

Keep your eye on the goal today!

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work!!!:-) you look so cute in your outfit too! (meant to post my fb comment on here!!!)

    ReplyDelete