Saturday, June 18, 2011

Mind Games


So when I hit the pavement by myself I battle with a lot of thoughts. When I hit my physical wall it is so easy to stop, walk, and head home. I don't push myself through the pain. I don't run through the uncomfortable position I put myself in. I stop. I play mind games with myself.

But, when I hit the pavement with Mr. Armstrong everything-is-so-different. I run faster, longer, and feel much stronger. Why is that? He holds me accountable. He encourages me without saying a word. I don't want to stop. I want to to push through what is uncomfortable.

I know I have to conquer this, but how?

Next week the mileage is going to increase! Each time I go out I would like to run 3 miles. Next weekend the goal is to bump the long run up to 4 miles.

Quit the Mind games today.

No comments:

Post a Comment