Friday, July 29, 2011

A Break


This week I have taken a-bit-of-a-break.

For the past 2 months I have been working my hiney off, literally. Working out at least two hours most days. Pushing myself beyond what I thought was possible. Watching every calorie being consumed. And to be honest: I was tired.

My body, mind, and motivation was tired.

My body was tired after our 8-miler last Saturday. My mind was tired from the counting calories and focusing so heavily on my goals. Monday morning when it was time to hit the road my motivation level was: ZERO.

So, this week I have taken a break. Still choosing to eat healthy I have only worked out out twice this week, and I haven't ran a single mile.

I can now say I am ready. Ready to hit the road again first thing Monday morning. Ready to focus on my goals. Ready to push myself. Ready to better myself.

If you need to, take a break today.

1 comment: