Monday, July 18, 2011

Two Month Update: Mission-Get-My-Body-Back


Yesterday was July 17th, do you know what that means? Well, it means it has been two-whole-months since I started my mission-get-my-body-back 6 weeks after Alivia Nicole was born. That morning I stepped on the scale weighing one-hundred-and-69 pounds. That morning change began.

A lot of progress has been made in the last month. A lot of life-style-changes have been made in the last month. A lot of sweat and hard work happened in the last month.

Starting the month out I had a ten-day-plateau. Ten days of no progress on the scale. Ten days of hard work and no results. I was so upset with myself and I didn't understand why or how I could be working out so much and still not seeing that number get any lower. The truth is people: I wasn't eating enough. I was only consuming 1200 calories a day, and my body was going into starvation mode. It was holding on to all of that fat. The fat I wanted to lose.

After ten days of torture and bumping up my calories to 1500 a day. It happened. Slowly. That number starting decreasing and our mileage starting increasing. At the end of last month I ran my first post-baby-5k. Saturday I ran 7 miles straight under one-hour-and-20-minutes blowing my goal time out of the water.

My breakfast routine has changed too. Instead of my usual smoothie I am now having: 2 scrambled eggs, 1/2 whole wheat english muffin with 1tbs peanut butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon, and an apple. This breakfast is full of protein and fiber and boosts my metabolism for the rest of the day! I have started feeling much fuller and that makes for a happier-momma-bear.
Something I have to remind myself everyday is that I am not on a diet. Diets don't last.

What I am doing is making lifestyle changes. It is not realistic to never eat ice cream or eat whatever I want on a date with my husband. I'll be honest. I have had ice cream twice this weekend. I also have had sesame chicken and a chocolate covered strawberry from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory that changed-my-life it was so good.

Dates happen, ice cream happens, snacks happen, but I know that I can live the rest of my life with moderation. I can't live with depriving myself.

My workout program has been about the same. I run 4 times a week. Saturday is my long runs (This week we are running 8 miles)! I have one off day: Wednesday. I usually enjoy a walk with my baby girl and at the most a Yoga session. I have two-days of cross training. Sunday and Tuesday. This past week I have started a revised version of P90X. I rearranged the workouts to meet my lifestyle. Doing 30-40 minutes of the videos a day. I not only want to be healthy, I want to be strong. I have also added in a 30 minute Zumba session to the mix. Monday night with the ladies. 3 words can describe it: So-much-fun! I love trying to get my hips to shake and move my feet at the same time.... so far no luck!

On May 17th I stepped on the scale: 169lbs. June 17th I stepped on the scale 9 lbs lighter: 160lb. And after one-month of hard work yesterday morning (July 17th) I stepped on the scale weighing in at 155lb.
Another 5 pounds gone.
14 pounds down, 20 pounds left.

135: Here I come.

Make a life style change today.

2 comments:

  1. Great great great job! So true about making sure you are getting enough to eat...while working out...makes all the difference!! I actually lost my baby weight when I started allowing myself to eat sweets again...all food is great in moderation :) My favorite sweet treat when trying to lose weight were the dove chocolate squares...1 after lunch...1 after dinner:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the Zumba class? I want in...

    ReplyDelete