Thursday, August 11, 2011

Chicken-Taco-Flat-Bread-Pizza's


Confession: Mr. Armstrong and I have pizza in some form at least 2 times a week. We try to mix things up, not always eating your traditional pepperoni pizza. Last night I made us chicken-taco-flat-bread-pizza. YUM-O!

Let me just tell you, this yummy goodness is only 390 calories of cheesy, taco, perfection & it is super simple.


Start by pre-heating the oven to 350 degrees.


Next start cooking chicken on the stove until it is cooked through. Also, get some taco race cooking on the stove. We use Fiesta Sides-Taco Rice. The rice is pretty high in calories, so if you are looking to cut back, just subtract it! I used 1/3 cup rice which equals approximating 90 calories.

When the chicken is cooked through, strain and add in Taco Seasoning.


Spray a cooking sheet and place your flat-bread on it. I used Flatout Flatbread, Multi-grain with Flax that is 100 calories and completely worth every calorie. Serious, so good.


We had leftover blackbeans and corn from a meal this past weekend so I just got those out of the fridge and they were ready to be warmed up. I used 1/8 cup of each. Just enough to get the flavor!

Start by spreading a little salsa on the flatbread. Next layer on the rice, blackbean, corn, taco seasoned chicken, and top it off with 1/4 cup of shredded cheese of your choice. I used cheddar.


Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Pop it out and cut into strips and there-ya-go. Dinner made fast and easy.

Make something new today.

2 comments: