Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Power


Monday night a storm rolled into this small town. I was sitting on the couch nursing Alivia when the wind picked up and the storm began.

We had straight winds that blew around 80 mph, rain, hail, thunder, lightening, and no power.

That's right, around 6:30 Monday night the whole town of Perry lost power. Within minutes the inside of our house grew uncomfortable. That was the beginning to a very-very long night.

Laying Alivia down in our pitch-black house around 8:15pm she was wide awake 5 minutes later sweating up a storm. After a few wet wash cloths, and Papa Bear fanning her with a book she cooled down and went to sleep in her swing.

4-short-hours later we were up again. All 3 of us were sweating now. SO, we made the trip out to the front porch at 2am Tuesday morning. We set outside by candle-light in the silence and darkness of this small town.

It wasn't until yesterday morning around 9:30 that the power came back on. Luckily, Liv and I have some great  friends that had power and let us come get some relief from our muggy house!

Last night Mr. Armstrong and I drove around looking at the storm damage. We were so lucky that our big trees withstood the storm. Just 2 blocks away there was a giant tree that fell onto a house. Limbs were down everywhere and Sonic was ripped apart.
We are so thankful for the rain, but could have gone without the wind.

Count your blessings today. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that must have better terrible with a little baby poor thing :( Glad all are ok...love your front porch and I bet you 2 am porch adventure will become a great memory :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I just ran across your blog and I wanted to drop in and say hello! I love it and love how honest you are about your goals! My sister is getting her master's at OSU and was telling me about the storm that hit on Monday, crazy!!

    I am 34 prego and so ready to start running again. I am signing up for the half marathon in Ardmore in March 2012.

    I've enjoyed being pregnant but I am really ready to meet this baby (he or she, we don't know yet!).

    Just wanted to say great job!! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness! It is good to hear that your power is back on! And that you all are safe from the storms. I am stopping by from Christina's Devotional Wednesday.

    Blessings & Aloha!
    Also...what a cutie pie your little one is.

    ReplyDelete