Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Three Month Update: Mission-Get-My-Body-Back



Well, can you believe it? Here we are again on the 17th of the month. Today marks the finish of month 3 on my weight loss journey. 3 months ago today I laced up my running shoes, changed my eating habits, and became a mom on a mission: Mission-get-my- body-back. You can read all about my journey here.

This month has been full of recovery. Last month our mileage was up. Running 20 plus miles a week, doing P90X workouts in between, and pushing myself to my limits. This month was totally opposite.

This month I have taken several days off. After our 8 mile run last month I have had some hip problems. My right hip just doesn’t enjoy moving very much lately and I am feeling it even on my short runs. I have rested, recovered, and Monday morning it begins again. I have a lot of work to do.

Here a few highlights from this month:
one. I ran my first 5k under 30 minutes!
two. I did a 3 day Shakeology cleanse. I lost 3lbs in 3 days. Read about it here.
three. I have shimmied my way back into my pre-Alivia jeans, and it is an amazing feeling (muffin top and all).
four. I have started doing 40 push ups a day. The first day I did them 5 at a time. One day soon I know I will push through and 40-in-a-row maybe even more.

On April 3rd I was in labor when I stepped on the scale weighing in at 201lbs. Wowzers. Well, I can officially say I have lost over 50lbs from that night. The night before I had my princess. Six weeks after Alivia was born my journey began on May 17th.

On May 17th I stepped on the scale weighing in at 169lbs.
On June 17th I stepped on the scale 9lbs lighter at 160lbs.
On July 17th I stepped on the scale 5lbs lighter at 155lbs.

And today (August 17th) I am proud to say that this morning the scale made me happy. The scale says 146 and that means I am out of the 150’s and one step closer to having my body back. I would like to add that I am still breastfeeding Liv. That means an extra 300-500 calories that I consume a day go to her. That is the reason why I can eat more and move less and still see results. (Don’t get me wrong, I still have been working my hiney off the past 3 months.)

That’s 23lbs down, that I won’t see again until I have another little peanut growing inside me. 12lbs left until I get-my-body-back.

Push through today. Stay dedicated today. Don’t give up today. Your body will change. If I can do it, anyone can. It doesn’t matter how fast, far, or hard you go. The most important thing is: that you are going. Accomplishing what you dream of. Take your life into your own hands.
 Keep it up today.














4 comments:

  1. This is an amazing account of your mission to get your body back. It's inspiring to see your transformation day to day over this past year. Keep it up--you're looking SUPER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooo sooo great Megan! I will definitely be coming back to read these from time to time, especially when Baby B comes into the world... in a few years!

    ReplyDelete