Monday, September 12, 2011

Race Day

This weekend was a blur. Fast and furious.

Saturday morning we awoke bright-and-early for the Pistol Pete 5K in my home town of Perkins, Oklahoma.
It was a beautiful Oklahoman morning, perfect for running.
As we all laced up our shoes and began the journey downtown, I had one goal in mind. Finish under 30 minutes.

The past 4 months I have been running to get-my-body-back after having my precious little girl on April 4th. During my pregnancy I gained over 60lbs. sixty-pounds-people. So far my journey has been so rewarding. I finally feel like I am getting back to normal with each passing week.

So, to say the least waiting at the starting line on Saturday morning I was feeling great. With my husband, brothersister-n-law, dad and many dear friends by my side we took off for the 3.1 miles set before us.

29 minutes and 46 seconds later I passed the finished line. Coming in right under my goal.
I walked away with a bronze medal for my age group and sore legs. It was beautiful.



 

Check out this 5K story from the weekend! This lady ROCKS, and is such an inspiration!

Reach for your goals today.

1 comment: