Wednesday, May 25, 2011

This Morning


This Morning I am sitting on the couch. I am sweating from just finishing Jillian Michaels- 30 Day Shred video. I am listening to the music of my little girl's swing as she naps quietly. I am watching David Payne on Channel 4 covering the tornado damage.

This Morning I am thankful my house is still standing, but my heart is breaking for those who lost not only their homes, but lost their: mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, husbands and children.

There is one story that stands out to me the most. There is a women that was trying to protect her 3 children from the house shredding tornadoes yesterday. She was pregnant. She had a 7 year old, 3 year old, and 15 month old baby. Right  now they are looking for her 3 year old son, and her 15 month old baby was announced dead this morning...

I don't want to imagine how it felt to have her children ripped out of her arms. It is truly heartbreaking and I am going to hug my little girl a little tighter today.

Cherish today.
We aren't promised tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment