Thursday, June 30, 2011

Advice


After my sweet friend read my blog on Monday Morning she sent me a few words of advice. She had read an article about Jillian Michaels and this is what it said:


What advice do women always ask you for? Jillian's answer: "They get caught on plateaus. In that case what you need to do is give yourself a couple of days rest and bump up your calories by 10 percent. When you lose weight quickly, your body often responds by releasing hormones to increase your appetite and store more fat. That's a survival instinct meant to help us conserve duel during times of famine. You can outsmart it by eating a little more and resting. That usually helps jump start your metabolism again."

The next day while strolling the isles of our local Wal Small-mart I picked up a Fitness magazine and found the article she had referred too, and believe me it works! After a 10-day-discouraging-plateau the last 2 mornings I have seen negatives on the scale!

What-a-relief.

I guess Jillian really does know what she is talking about.

Take some advice today.

No comments:

Post a Comment