Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Plans


My life is not that stressful. I don't have many obligations. My days are spent trying to take care of a little girl, and be the best wife I can be.

I need to be here to feed my baby, rock her to sleep, make her smile, and play on the floor. I need to be here to cook dinner, fold laundry, vacuum, and keep our world in "order". I need to be here to set a healthy example for my family, and others in our community.

I know that my days spent at home are so-special-and-rare, but some days I wish I was sitting in the passenger seat of a coffee truck, listening to the radio, and riding on the bumpy roads of Oklahoma with my-handsome-hunk-of-a-man-husband.

Or maybe...

I am wishing my husband was here. Running with us in the morning, playing on the floor with our daughter, teaching others how to be healthy, changing people's lives, not smelling like coffee.

 Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future",

Be patient Megan.

Wait (and wish) patiently today.

2 comments:

  1. I can only imagine how you feel. Prayers for patience and renewed spirit in his absence, I miss my husband when I am at home and he isn't. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is go a lot...I am solo a few days a weeks. Sounds to me like he is pretty lucky to have such a great wife and mother to his daughter :)

    ReplyDelete